Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Shabby Blue Flower


Good morning, everyone!  I have some exciting news today!  I have joined the design team for Victorine Originals.  I've been playing with this beautiful flower stamp called Bush Morning Glory, and I loved how this looked in blue.  I decided to go for a monochromatic card for my first VO post today.  

I stamped this gorgeous flower with Stormy Sky distress ink onto some white cardstock.  Then I used a wet paint brush and "colored in" in the flower.  I added a little extra ink to the star-like center so it would pop out.  I love the shabby chic feel of this soft blue flower.  To enhance the shabby theme, I sponged some brown ink on the edges and then distressed them with a distress tool.  I did the same thing with the other white layer in the background before tying some blue seam binding around the flower.

Check out the VO blog every day to see gorgeous artwork from my fellow design team members.  Don't forget, we also have a fun challenge for you to play along and share your own artwork with us.  The current challenge (#3) is Fathers, so show us your masculine cards and projects.