Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dabbed Shimmers Happiness



Hi everyone!  I'm back with another Art Neko post today, and this one is so sparkly and shimmery.  I had used the Dabbed Shimmers technique for another project, and these strips are the leftovers from that project.  I couldn't bear to throw them away, so I put them all together and turned them into a fun background for this card.

The Dabbed Shimmers technique is from Technique Junkies, and it's a fun and easy technique.  Just mix some distress reinkers with iridescent medium and then dab it onto your cardstock with a sponge.  I used Shaded Lilac and Peacock Feathers distress inks for these shimmery strips.  No two pieces ever come out the same, so it's fun to see what you end up with.

I stamped the butterfly and the kanji circle (from Art Neko's A407 Spring in Paris sheet) with Shaded Lilac distress ink and then cut them out with scissors.  I affixed them to my card with foam tape so they have that extra dimension.

Have you seen the gorgeous stamps on the Spring in Paris sheet?  I swooooooon every time I look at them.  That Paris collage stamp is soooooo beautiful!  I can't wait to ink that one up!


1 comment:

Hetty said...

Oh my, that is a beautiful card. love the blues!