Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Santa in Sepia


Did you know that Art Neko has Christmas stamps?  I love this vintage image of Santa holding presents for all the little boys and girls out there.  The old-timey look of this stamp just called for a sepia treatment on this image.  
I started by stamping this Santa (from Art Neko's Victorian Christmas stamp set) with Potting Soil Archival ink onto some white cardstock.  I sponged some kraft ink around Santa, leaving his face and beard white.  I then sponged around the edges with a chocolate brown ink.  The edges were distressed with a distress tool.
For the copper background, I cut some white cardstock larger than the Santa panel.  I inked up the edges with Versamark, sprinkled them with copper embossing powder, and melted the powder with my heat gun.  I adhered the Santa panel to this copper background, and then I adhered that to a chocolate brown card base.  Some copper shimmer baker’s twine was tied around the top of the card.
Have you seen the lovely stamps in the Victorian Christmas stamp set?  You could easily do this sepia technique with all of those images.  This card is quick and easy to make so you can get it in the mail to a loved one.  

No comments: