Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

CAS393 Imagine with Books


This week's CAS393 challenge is "Back to School."  I had to look around for a stamp of a book or books, and I finally found this one in my stash from Unity.  I stamped it onto some hot press Fabriano Studio watercolor paper with SU Archival Black ink.  Then I played with my Zig Clean Color markers by coloring the books with the markers and then going over them with a wet brush. I loved being able to go back over some areas with more color and adding more water here and there. Such a fun experiment! 

After the books dried, I cut them out and set them aside. I very lightly stenciled my white card base with whatever green was on my sponge (great way to use up leftover inks that are still on your sponge) and then added the books over the stenciled area with foam tape. A skinny black strip was added to the side and it is my little "nod" to those old composition books we used to have for school. :-)

The sentiment is from JustRite's Whisper of Wings set, and I stamped it with the same SU Archival Black ink.  CAS stands for Clean And Simple, so I decided to stop there before I piled on some baker's twine or some enamel dots or something else.  If you would like to play along, please use keyword CAS393 when you upload your card to SCS.  You can see the beautiful samples in the gallery here.

Have a great week!



1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Very clever using the black strip along the edge, Holly! I like :D.