Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

You're How Old?!



Hahahaha!  These crazy birds from Tim Holtz crack me up.  I made this card for my brother's birthday.

I bought some Strathmore Bright White cardstock from Paper Temptress, and I was curious to see if it would stand up to a heavy spray and some watercoloring.  So I sprayed a piece of this white cardstock with different colors of Distress Spray Stains and it took the color beautifully.  It dried almost completely flat - which is awesome!  Normally when I spray any kind of cardstock, it warps like crazy but not this Strathmore Bright White.  I'm impressed!

Next, I watercolored the stamped bird with distress inks.  The bird was stamped with a waterproof black ink onto the Strathmore Bright White cardstock and I hit it with a heat gun to make sure it dried completely.  Then I pulled out some distress inks and watercolored the bird, going over some areas several times until I got the hues "just right."  This paper did not pill or tear or resist the ink.  I'm really happy with this paper!

My last test was running this Strathmore Bright White cardstock through my printer.  The sentiment was typed up on the computer and I printed it on a laser printer.  The printing is crisp and bold and did not flake off nor rub off.  I'm completely sold on this white cardstock.  I can use colored pencils on it, I can spray it, I can watercolor on it, and I can print on it.  How cool is that??

Stamp: Bird Crazy from Stampers Anonymous
Die: Bird Crazy from Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Basic Black Archival from Stampin Up, Pumpkin Pie from Stampin Up
Distress Ink: Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
Distress Spray Stain: Lucky Clover, Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Picket Fence
Cardstock: black, Strathmore Bright White from Paper Temptress



1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Ahhh LOVE THIS Bird - totally cracks me up! Love the background! xoxo