Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Life is Sweet



I was playing with some color combos for these 3-step flowers, and I stumbled upon this yellow combo that turned out so pretty!!  These flowers are from Papertrey Ink, and I stamped the three pieces as follows:

Solid flower - Daffodil (Stampin Up)
secondary layer - Saffron (Stampin Up)
shadow layer - Dijon (a new SU ink color)

The leaves are also from Papertrey Ink, and these are just a 2-step stamp.  I used Wasabi ink (Stampin Up) for the solid leaves and Mowed Lawn (Ranger distress ink) for the darker vein color.

The wood plank background is a fabulous background stamp from Stampin Up called Hardwood.  I stamped it with kraft ink onto white cardstock.  I love how it almost looks like it is whitewashed wood.  The sentiment was stamped with a dark brown ink and the card base is kraft.

I loved how these flowers turned out after several experimental tries.  Practice really does make perfect!  :-)

1 comment:

ednamburgess said...

P.S., Love your beautiful fall card. So easy and ready to send for someone to enjoy. Edna B.