Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Fall Leaves Scene



I don't know about you, but I am more than ready for some fall weather to arrive.  I created this card in hopes that these 100+ degree temperatures will fall down to a more acceptable 75 degrees.  LOL!!

I started by sponging some yellow and mustard and orange inks onto some white cardstock.  Next, I die cut the tree frame and stamped it with a woodgrain background.  I cut some pumpkins and sponged them to add more depth and I colored the stems with a Copic marker.  The rake was cut from gray cardstock, and then I colored the handle with a Copic marker.  The basket was cut from kraft cardstock and I colored the metal rims with a silver Wink of Stella brush.

For the leaves, I started by sprinkling some Brushos onto some white cardstock, and then I spritzed them with water.  Brushos are a watercolor powder and they are fabulous for creating backgrounds.  I used several different colors, such as red, brown, yellow, green, and orange.  Once these pieces were dry, I die cut the leaves and added them randomly to my card.

I can't wait for fall to arrive!  :-)

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Not me. We hardly had a summer. Spring was more like winter so no way am I ready for the fall. I do love your card. It is so pretty.