Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blue Glitter Peony


Hi friends!  I was in the mood to play with some glitter, and this turned out so soft and pretty, I decided to make it a sympathy card.

I started by cutting a piece of 6x6 double-sided Scor Tape sheet with the Lovely Peony Background die. I then cut out the Lovely Peony Outline die with white cardstock, and then I carefully adhered it to the adhesive peony background die cut. The open parts of the flower were covered with the gorgeous blue Fascination glitter, which I burnished in with my finger and then tapped off. All the excess glitter was returned to the jar and I set the flower aside while I made my card.

The card base is a white cardstock, and then I added a smaller layer of Kraft cardstock. I then cut a piece of the gorgeous soft blue paper from the Bellisima paper pad and adhered it to the Kraft layer. A small strip of Kraft cardstock was glued near the bottom of the blue paper, and then I stamped the sentiment from the With Sympathy set (JustRite) at the top. Finally, I affixed the glittery peony flower to the card.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Sparkle n Sprinkle - glitter, flocking, or embossing powder
Simon Says Stamp - Make it Sparkle
Craft Creations Challenges - Flower
Word Art Wednesday #144 - Anything Goes


7 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

Love the color! so very pretty :) thank you for playing along with simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Unknown said...

This is a classic beauty,and amazing. We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
God Bless you,
Carole, Word Art Wednesday

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh wow, this turned out great - and I'm SO delighted that you've chosen to share it in our challenge this week.
God bless you for sharing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So beautiful in blue. Love the glitter.

Anne Temple said...

What a beautiful card. Love the color of your glittery flower. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Meighan Wheller said...

A lovely card Holly. I just adore the glitter! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

Eret said...

Fascination glitter is one of my favorite. I adore the way you used it. Really stunning card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I hope you'll join with us again.
Eret x