Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Patriotic Scene with Cheery Lynn Designs


Hi friends!  This card is up on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog today - my last post as their guest designer for this month.  I've had a wonderful time guesting for CLD.  If you ever have the opportunity to try out for a guest designer spot, I heartily recommend it!!  The owner, BJ, and the design team coordinators are absolutely wonderful to work with.  Many thanks to you ladies for making this a pleasurable experience.

For my card today, I was thinking about the upcoming 4th of July holiday, and I wanted to make a patriotic summer scene card. This Patriotic Swag die fit the bill perfectly. If you haven't checked out this die, it comes as one large connected die. There are three pieces connected by some very thin strips of metal. It's easy to snap them apart into three individual dies. Look at the picture below. You can see I separated the three pieces and then cut each piece with a different color of cardstock.



I used the following dies on my card:

Patriotic Swag
Victorian Picket Fence
Clouds and Rain
Grass Border

I started by sponging some blue and green inks on white cardstock and then I stamped the tree to one side. The clouds were adhered so that some of them were floating past the edges of the scene. The picket fence is actually some kraft cardstock that I distressed to look like a whitewashed fence (Simple Whitewash technique from Technique Junkies issue 08/09) and then I added the grass border to the bottom. Finally I put the swag together and glued it to the fence, and then I pulled some of the grass out so it would be "blowing" against the swag.

I hope you've enjoyed my artwork today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot. I'm glad I came over to see more about the die you used. Very unique idea to stripe it red, white and blue.