Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lavender Birthday Flower


The challenge over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog is to use the colors Lilac, Navy, and White in your creation.  I didn't have anything in mind, so I started by pulling out my distress stains and just played around with some colors until I got a background that I liked.  But I couldn't just leave it there.  LOL  I pulled out my brand new Brushed Pewter Metallic distress stain and added that into the mix on my background piece.  Ohhhhhhhhh............  I just LOVED the way that turned out.    You can see the sparkly silver in the background in the close-up below.



So I had a gorgeous background with the Lilac and Navy colors in it, but no idea what to do next.  I looked at some sketches, and the latest Freshly Made Sketch (#54) got me thinking.  I pulled out the new Rogue Redhead Designs stamp set, Nature Notes, and stamped the flower and then covered it with Star Dust Stickles.  I added the sentiment, also from Nature Notes, as well as a strip of light purple ribbon and some purple butterflies.  

I didn't want to cover up the background so I liked the way this sketch kept it clean and simple with lots of space to enjoy a custom-made background.  I've got another beautiful card to add to my birthday stash.  :-)

Stamps: Nature Notes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Wisteria, Olive
Distress Stains: Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Brushed Pewter Metallic
CS: Wisteria, White (the navy scallop oval is white cs colored with Faded Jeans distress stain)
Other: Star Dust Stickles, rhinestones, Wisteria satin ribbon, oval dies, butterfly punch


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! That Brushed Pewter sure adds a fabulous look!

Thanks for playing the Rebel Challenge on RRD!

Debi said...

This is a beautiful card, Thanks for playing teh Rebel Challenge, Debi x

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful card! The background is so cool! Love the pparkly flower and butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

This card really does sparkle and shine! I love the background paper you made and you did a great job combining these colors. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Rita W said...

Such pretty colors! I love the blue and purple with the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Unknown said...

Fabulous use of Nature Notes! Beautiful card, I love how you made the background and 3D elements. Thanks for joining in the Rebel Challenge :)

Electra said...

I Love your background as well, the sparkle is lovely and the depth of colour you have achieved is amazing!! VERY nice!