Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Rogue Challenge #10 - Rose Wreath


Have you seen the newest challenge on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog? Shar has a picture of the new colors issued by Pantone, and the challenge is to use any of those colors on your project.

My eye was drawn to the moss-y green color and the beige-ish color in the challenge picture. I pulled out some moss and kraft cardstock and thought about what direction to go in. After looking at my collection of Rogue stamps, I had a vision in my head of a wreath. I stamped the rose from the Floriculture set multiple times onto some mauve paper and cut them all out.

I stamped the sentiment (also from the Floriculture set) onto kraft cardstock that was cut with a circle die, and then I arranged the roses around the sentiment. I punched some leaves and branches from moss and kraft cardstock and adhered them between the roses.

The background is a Watercolor Gesso technique from Technique Junkies. I love how this backgound has touches of all three colors - pink, moss, and kraft. Some kraft seam binding was tied into a bow and added to the top of the wreath.

Check out the Spring Fashion Colors challenge and play along with us! We'd love to see what colors you pick to play with!

No comments: