Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Stroll upon the Beach


Have you seen the latest challenge on the Gingersnap Creations blog? I wanted to try one of the newest techniques from Technique Junkies called Faux Painted Paneling, so I pulled out the Beach Babes stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs.

I started by stamping the large sand background all over the blue card base, then I added the Faux Painted Paneling to the bottom of the card. The sweet little beach babes were stamped with blue ink and I sponged the same color all around the edges. I used a distress tool to rough up the edges of the stamped piece as well as the kraft layer behind it. The sentiment was adhered directly on the Faux Painted Paneling.

I tried to add ribbon, twine, buttons, something to the card, but nothing seemed to work. This card was destined to be Clean And Simple (CAS). This really lets the stamped image take center stage with the Faux Painted Paneling adding a little interest to the piece.

There's still some time to play along in the challenge on the Gingersnap Creations blog. Use a Faux Technique on your project and enter it into the challenge. If you're a Technique Junkie like me, there are TONS of faux techniques that you can use. Have fun!!

Stamps: Beach Babes from Rogue Redhead Designs
Ink: Baja Breeze
CS: Baja Breeze, Vanilla, Kraft
Other: distress tool, sponge
TJ Technique: Faux Painted Paneling

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just too sweet Holly!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a super sweet image...love how you stamped it in blue for a vintage feel and the dimension on the bottom panel looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your colors for this one! Makes me think of Cape Cod and summer.