Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

IBFCC #10 - Fall


This week's challenge over on the I Brake for Challenges blog is all about fall. I love the fall season - you're probably sick of hearing me gush about the crisp, cool weather. LOL Just as soon as I actually GET some here, maybe I'll stop gushing. Hee hee hee!

I decided to use this fun Harvest Pumpkins scene from I Brake for Stamps for my challenge card today. This image just screams fall, doesn't it? The pumpkins, the apples, the adorable little kitty.......

I stamped this image on watercolor paper and then pulled out various dye inks (SU as well as distress inks) to color in the image. I colored the background behind the fence a warm golden glow to go with the fall theme.

The pumpkin cardstock is stamped with Holly's Tattered Background, and I used the Torn Frames technique on the dark brown cardstock. I just couldn't cover up this sweet scene with ribbons or buttons or anything, so this card is clean and simple (and tattered). :-)

Take some time to pull out some fall-themed stamps and play along with this fun challenge. You can see more gorgeous inspiration on the I Brake for Challenges blog, and you can go shopping at I Brake for Stamps for all kinds of fall-themed stamps.

Stamps: Harvest Pumpkins & Holly's Tattered Background (I Brake for Stamps - use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, dye inks for watercoloring
CS: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, watercolor paper
Other: aquapainter, distress tool
TJ Technique: Torn Frames

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so cute and I love the image you used. It is one of my favorites and a new purchase for me from I Brake for Stamps. I hope to include a version of it for the challenge at I Brake for Challenges once I decide which one of those I have made will be the best.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your coloring- beautiful scene! Lol- come on over for some 'crisp' weather!!

Angelnorth said...

Great stamp and wonderful job colouring it - lovely autumn card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image, Holly, and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! This is one, fabulous, fall design!!!