Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Dogwood Note


Power Poppy has a fun challenge going on this month to mix and match their stamps on a single card.  I love Power Poppy stamps and I have quite a collection.  I couldn't resist playing along in their challenge this weekend, so I combined a digital flower stamp with a clear stamp sentiment on my card today.

I printed the beautiful Graceful Still Life (dogwood) digi onto hot press watercolor paper.  I made sure I enlarged the digi so this would fill most of my card front and make it easier for me to see where I was coloring.  :-)  I wasn't exactly sure what dogwoods look like in real life, so I Googled some images of dogwood blossoms.  I pulled out my Zig Clean Color markers, laid down a little bit of color, and then spread it out with a wet paintbrush.  After this piece was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment from Natural Beauties up near the top.  It sort of looks like it's part of the branches, doesn't it?  :-)

I'm entering this into the Mix and Match challenge over on the Power Poppy blog.  If you have some Power Poppy stamps, why don't you play along with us this month?  






No comments: