Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Picnic Basket Daisies



Hi friends!  I've been busy staying out of the heat and making some cards in the comfort of air conditioning.  :-)  This is a quick and easy card that I thought I would share with you.  The background is really fun to make.

I grabbed my Peacock Feathers distress ink pad and smooshed it directly onto some white cardstock until the entire piece was covered with ink.  Next, I misted a background stamp with water and then stamped it onto the inky cardstock.  I carefully lifted the stamp off and let the piece dry.  The water reacted with the ink so you can see the ghostly image of the stamp.  Isn't that cool?

The picnic basket is a stamp from Papertrey Ink and I simply colored it with some Copic markers.  I thought about adding a sentiment but I wasn't sure if I wanted this for a birthday card or a "have a nice day" type of card.  I'll add that when I use the card.

I have some more cards to share with you, so pop by and see what I've been creating.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: