Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Laugh with Flowers


Here is another card I made recently.  This was an experiment that turned out really neat, so I turned it into a card instead of trashing it.  :-)

I stamped the flower from Penny Black and then colored it with distress inks and a water brush.  I used Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon on the flowers, and then I went over the entire background with Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks.   It was pretty, but I wanted something different, something edgier.  

I spied my mister with water in it, and I wondered what would happen if I spritzed the water over all my coloring.  As you can see, the orange colors moved past the outline of the flowers and some of the blue was washed away from the flowers, providing a cool halo effect.

To enhance that halo effect, I sponged some extra Broken China ink around the edges and then I added a wee touch of Vintage Photo sponging as well.  I let the piece dry completely and then adhered it to a white card base and added the die cut "laugh" sentiment to the front.  The "laugh" die cut is from a Little Yellow Bicycle die that I found at Hobby Lobby.

I hope you are enjoying the cards I'm sharing.  I still have a few more to share with you, so stay tuned!  :-)  Have a great week!


No comments: