Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Butterfly Fence Hi



I bought this gorgeous Butterfly By Fence stamp (Impression Obsession) and once I started coloring it, I fell more and more in love with it. I decided to keep it rustic and natural for my first card.

I stamped the Butterfly By Fence stamp onto some cream cardstock and then I colored it with Copic markers. I took my time to add some shading and "wood texture" and I love how it turned out. I added a little sparkle by using the Wink of Stella Pen over the butterfly and the two open flowers. Isn't that glitter wonderful?



For my background, I stamped the Wood Texture stamp (Impression Obsession) onto some Kraft cardstock and then I sponged the edges before adhering it to an orange card base. I adhered my butterfly piece to the background and then I sealed the whole thing with some MicroGlaze to prevent smudges and running ink. Lastly, I stamped the "Hi" from the Anytime Sentiments set (Impression Obsession) onto some cream cardstock, cut it out with a circle die, and then adhered it to the bottom of the card.

It's fun to combine glitter with a rustic piece like this. It's that little unexpected touch that brings a smile to people's faces. :-)  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You will love the huge variety of dies, stamps, coloring mediums, and papers that are in the store.

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Having a fence behind the flowers is a nice idea. The butterfly adds a cute touch to the already cute card.