Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Holidays Wreath


Are y'all ready for Christmas???  I can't believe it will be here in just three more days!  I've still got quite a few more Christmas cards to share with you, so you'll see a blitz of Christmas cards on my blog today and tomorrow.  :-)

This card was really fun to make. I started with a red card base and added a layer of white paper. I then cut the green patterned paper layer from the French Country 6x6 paper pad and adhered it to the white layer on the card. Yes, you can use non-Christmas papers for a Christmas card! :-) This green was the perfect color so why not?

I then cut the Mesh Border (Cheery Lynn Designs) from red cardstock and added it to my card. Then I got busy cutting out a bunch of greenery from the Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) as well as the Happy Holidays sentiment die (Cheery Lynn Designs) from red cardstock.

I first tested the Happy Holidays sentiment to see if it would fit on my card. It cuts out with some leaves on the side of the "H" and that made my sentiment just a tad bit too long. So I used some scissors to cut the leaves off and tried it again. The sentiment fit perfectly on my white paper, so I glued it down at the bottom.

Next, I separated the greenery from the Wreath Strip die. There are two different sizes, so after I sorted them, I glued down the larger Wreath Strip pieces down in a circle shape above my sentiment. I then went back in and glued the smaller Wreath Strip pieces onto the wreath, tucking them in underneath the pieces that were already glued down.

Once I got all my pieces glued down, I adhered the white piece to my card. Then I pulled out the gorgeous Cranberry pearls and stuck them onto my wreath. These are the perfect accent to the wreath! :-)

You can order any of the linked items at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your entire order.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cherry Lynn Designs #112 - Anything Goes
Card Crafters Circle #106 - Deck the Halls
Brown Sugar #73 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your card with the wreath very pretty and festive
Have a Merry Christmas
hugs
Dottie

Joanne said...

A very lovely card! It is so elegant looking - super job on your beautiful wreath. It's perfect for our Happy Holidays challenge at CC&CC. Thanx so much for playing along with us! Joanne

Jean Bullock said...

I love this card. That is the best wreath I have seen yet. Well done.

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the card design and colours thanks for sharing with Card Crafters Circle

Bj said...

Your card is so pretty, you could sell it to Hallmark! That wreath is gorgous!

Sara S. said...

Beautiful. I love the dimensional wreath. Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle. Merry Christmas!

Amy Voorthuis said...

WOW WOW this is such a delicate card I'm in awe wow....love your circle with the Cheery Lynn Designs leaf die....and I'm with Bj on this one you could sell it to Hallmark....thank you so much for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck xox Amy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! I love it! Thank you for playing along with our Cheery Lynn Designs Weekly Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Simply Beautiful! That is a stunning card! Thank you for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs!

shulsart said...

Holly, this is gorgeous, great choice of paper and colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

ednamburgess said...

Very nice! I have all those dies, wish I'd have thought to use them this way. Edna B.

Irina Gerschuk said...

Oh, fabulous project!!! Love the wreath and all the details)))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!