Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello Blooms



This is a different sized card than what I normally create. This one will fit into a #10 business sized envelope. I cut the orange cardstock to 9.25" by 8" and folded the 8" side in half at the 4" mark. I added a layer of Kraft cardstock (new in the Classy Cards 'n Such store!) which measures 9.25" x 3.25", and then a layer of white cardstock which is 9.25" x 3".

Next, I cut a length of the Chalk White seam binding so that it would wrap around the card with a little extra so I could tie a bow. Do you see the interesting colors on the seam binding? See how it is pale in some areas and darker in other areas? I love that hand-dyed quality in this seam binding. I created that by using the fabulous Evergreen Bough Distress Stain. It's really easy to use - just press the bottle over the ribbon and let the color flow until it is dyed to your liking. I wanted a faded aspect to my ribbon, so I misted it with some water and scrunched it around in my hands and let it dry.

Once my seam binding was dry, I wrapped it around the card and tied a bow in the middle. I cut some large daisies from the Daisy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and arranged them on the card. Some small circles were punched from the Kraft cardstock and adhered to the centers of the daisies. Then I die cut some letters from both the Parker Upper Alphabet and the Parker Lower Alphabet dies and spelled out "Hello" on my flowers.

Isn't that cute? These colors just make me happy. I hope this card makes you happy, too! :-)  Remember to use this code, Holly-10, when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such to save 10% off your order.  I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Card Mania Challenges #20 - Flower Power
Love to Create #65 - Flowers
Songbird Challenges #20 - Bloom and Grow



2 comments:

KalySto said...

What an elegant card! Love the colors!
Thank you for joining our Flower-y Card Mania Challenge!
Hope to see you again!
Kaly

mixamatoasties said...

What a lovely card.

Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.

Susan