Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crinoline Daisy Hexagons




Hi friends!  I've been playing with some of the new paper pads and a Distress Stain ink color that I bought from Classy Cards 'n Such. You should see my fingers - hot pink! LOL

My card today starts with a white card base and I added a layer of the pretty soft blue paper from the Secret Garden 6x6 paper pad. I stamped the sentiment from the Anytime Sentiments set (Impression Obsession) with some brown ink at the bottom of the blue paper. I set this aside and worked on the hexagon layer.

For this hexagon layer, I adhered a piece of Kraft cardstock to a slightly larger layer of white cardstock. I then used the Honeycomb die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut some white cardstock, some more of the soft blue paper from the Secret Garden pad, and two papers (pink and green) from the new Prairie Chic 6x6 paper pad.

I trimmed the white honeycomb frame down with scissors so I would just have three "rows" of hexagons and I glued this down onto my kraft cardstock piece. I then adhered the green, pink and blue die cut papers into each of the hexagon rows. Some pale pink ribbon was wrapped around the bottom of this hexagon layer and I used the Bow Easy tool to make a double looped bow.

For the pink flower, I pulled out the Daisy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and die cut some crinoline-type fabric. It cuts beautifully! The fabric was white, so I pulled out the Picked Raspberry Distress Stain and dabbed it all over the daisy pieces. Once the fabric daisies were dry, I stacked them up and pushed a silver brad through the center and then affixed this to the top of my double looped bow. I used my fingers to fluff up the petals, which sort of distressed them a little bit. Perfect for a country-ish card!

Don't be afraid to use your Cheery Lynn Designs dies to cut fabric as well as paper. Experiment with different kinds of fabric and have fun!

As always, you can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #75 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenges #23 - Pink, Green, Blue
Card Mania #18 - Punches and/or Dies

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh - this is awesome! Love the hexagon background and the patterns you chose. It looks like fabric to me. So very pretty and so glad you joined us this week at ABC Challenges.

Tamara Morton said...

Stunning card love how you have used the hexogon die. Thank u for joining us At Cheery Lynn.
Hugs
Tamara

Unknown said...

very pretty!! Thank you for linking up with us for the linky party at http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/

Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

The hexagons are just wonderful as your background. Thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and best of luck.

Joann said...

Holly, this is amazing. I love what you did with the honeycomb die and your flower is beautiful. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

L.B. said...

Loving the colors on your hexagon pattern. Glad you could join us at DCD

Rosie Gustafson said...

Cute card, love the hexagons. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challengee this week.

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful card! Great hexagons rows. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Holly - such pretty colors, and perfectly placed tiny pieces across your card. Looks fabulous! Delightful!

Unknown said...

Very nice card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge!
hugs,
Gini