Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Pink Floral Hugs



Hi friends!  This card that I've created for you is a very feminine, pink, floral, and flourish-y card. Sometimes I just like to set out all my Cheery Lynn Designs dies and come up with something different. Can you see what's "different" about my card?

Look at the lattice diamond. Can you guess what die that is? It's actually four of the Lace Corner Deco J lattice die cuts glued side by side to make a square. Then I just turned the square around so it looks like a diamond. Isn't that cool? I came up with that just by playing around with the die cuts.

So from that lattice diamond, I decided to cut some flowers and leaves to put in the center. I used the Sweet William dies to cut the flowers and the Leaf die to cut the green leaves. I added a large White Pearl to the center of the flowers.

My card base is a dark pink square upon which I've layered some striped paper from The Lake House paper pad collection. I wrapped some Mauve sheer ribbon around the center of the card and then glued down the floral lattice piece. I die cut some Mini Fanciful Flourishes from pale pink cardstock and tucked them in around my floral lattice piece. Finally, I cut out the brand new Hugs sentiment from some dark pink cardstock and adhered that to the lower right corner.

Take some time to pull out some dies and play around with them. You may be surprised at what new discoveries you make! :-)  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll have a blast looking at all the fun new dies, stamps, flowers, and 6x6 paper pads!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #65 - Tickled Pink
Unstampabelles #19 - Use one or more dies (no stamps or digis)
Love to Create #50 - Anything Goes with a Sentiment




9 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a great card Holly, love what you've done with the Lace corner, & your flower in the centre is gorgeous too,
Thanks for joining us this week over at CLD.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Laine said...

Such a wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Laine
xx

Wendy L said...

This is so lovely, thanks for joining us at love to create. xxx

Mian said...

Fabulous card and I love what you´ve done with the Lace Corner die, fab idea!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Merry said...

That is a cool use of those corner dies. A wonderful card, great colours and layout. Thanks for sharing this in our dies challenge at Unstampabelles.

HuggiesCrafts said...

Great and novel way to use your corner dies, certainly give one food for thought (of the creative kind lol) love your card, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in the fun at unstampabelles.

Jodi said...

beautiful card! love the way you used the flourishes, and your flower turned out beautiful!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a pretty card! :) I love the sweet williams, one of my favourite flowers! Gorgeous papers and beautiful use of dies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!

~DEANNE~