Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Doily Friends

Hi friends!  I've got a sweet and feminine card to share with you today. I fell in love with the pretty Whimsy Hearts mini assortment over at Classy Cards 'n Such, and I created this card as soon as I got these mini hearts in my mailbox.

You can get these resin hearts in the assortment package or you can get individual colors. Look under the "Embellish" tab on the last page - you'll see all the Whimsy Hearts there. (I confess, I also got the Whimsy Perfect Petals and I can't wait to put those on some cards!)

For my card today, I used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such:

French Pastry Doily Die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cuties 3 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Whimsy Hearts mini assortment
Dream stamp set (Stampavie)
Medallion Five D-Lites dies (Spellbinders)
Love Letters 6x6 paper pad
Joy Foam Pads small




I started out with a regular A2 card base in a pale pink cardstock and set that aside. I cut a smaller layer of burgundy cardstock and adhered two strips of paper from the Love Letters 6x6 paper pad. I die cut the French Pastry Doily Die from white cardstock, cut that in half, and adhered that to the striped paper. Next, I die cut the Cuties 3 from pale pink paper and added that below the white doily. (FYI - you don't have to make flowers from the Cuties dies - they make awesome borders as well!)

I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the rose paper and I wrapped some pale green ribbon around the card layer between the doily and the Cuties 3 border. Once my bow was secure, I glued this card layer to my pale pink card base.

I used the two dies from the Medallion Five set to cut some burgundy cardstock and some pale pink cardstock. I glued the pale pink medallion piece to the burgundy piece, and then I affixed the green resin Whimsy Heart to the center. The medallion was adhered to my card with some Joy foam pads. Isn't that little green heart a sweet addition to this dainty card?

When shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, you can save 10% off your order by entering in this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  Have fun checking out all the great embellishments and dies and 6x6 paper pads!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Robyn's Fetish - Use a Doily
Pile it on #49 - Pile on the Embellishments
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Happy New Year!!  


9 comments:

shulsart said...

Very classy card, Holly. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

brilliant card thanks for joining us at artistic inspirations and good luck emma xx

Wendy said...

Oh my...what a pretty card. Thank you for joining us this week at ARTistic Inspirations~Wendy, DT

Tamara Morton said...

Hi, what a lovely card, wonderful colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Challenge this week. I wish you lots of luck in the prize draw.
Hugs
Tamara

Unknown said...

Very elegant. Its wonderful that you have let the intricate die cut take centre stage.

Thank you for joining in with us at Artistic Inspirations.
Claire x
(DT)

Joann said...

I love how you used the Cuties Die as a border instead of making a flower. Great way to use a die in another way. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Diane said...

What an adorable card Holly and the sentiment is gorgeous !! Thanks so much for playing at Robyns Fetish this week.

hugs Diane xx

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

shulsart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.