Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Romantical Jack and Ginger


Happy Monday!  I just finished making some Pumpkin Oatmeal Coconut cookies - oh yum!  I've got this "romantical" card to share with you today.  Romantical, for those of you who watch the Food Network, is from the Paula Deen dictionary.  Hee hee hee!  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Power of 3 (I used 3 die cuts.)
Make it Monday - Anything Goes


I stamped Jack and Ginger (Stampavie) on watercolor paper and then colored it with the wonderful Distress Ink Markers and the Tim Holtz Water Brush - Detailer Brush Nib. I used the following colors of markers:

Tattered Rose - skin
Victorian Velvet - flowers,  lady's skirt and hat
Antique Linen - lady's cardigan and shoes
Peeled Paint - leaves and stems of flowers
Frayed Burlap - lady's purse, man's jacket, belt, and shoes, ground
Pumice Stone - hair
Stormy Sky - man's jeans

For my card base, I cut some brown cardstock to a 5.25" square.  I die cut the Anastasia border (Cheery Lynn Designs) from blue patterned paper and adhered that to the left side with some more patterned papers.  The Polynesian Sails Oval die (Cheery Lynn Designs) is actually two dies in one - you get the delicate oval die cut as well as a sweet little doily from the center of it. The doily is die cut from white cardstock and then sponged with Stormy Sky and Antique Linen distress inks.  The pink textured panel at the bottom is a Watercolor Distress technique (from Technique Junkies) that I created with Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, and Victorian Velvet distress inks.  I used the Flower Flourish embossing folder to give this piece some texture, and I lightly sponged some brown ink so you can see the raised shapes better.  A sweet little Decorative Corner die cut at the bottom is all I needed to finish this card.  

All of the Stampavie stamps are on sale at Classy Cards 'n Such this month.  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save even more money when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Have a wonderful week!




5 comments:

~ginny said...

I absolutely love Mo Manning's images... and this pair is definitely "romantical"! A lot of interesting details with the three die cuts and the different layers and textures. I especially like the very soft pastel coloring you used. Well done Holly!
I'm so glad you joined the challenge at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
~ginny
CYP Design Team

Lisa Minckler said...

You speak Paula too??? LOL...just love her, but I really love this card! You've captured the image wonderfully with your coloring. It's sensational. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx

shulsart said...

What an adorable card, I just love this Mo image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

What a cute card! Love all the dies you were able to combine, I love the image. Your colors all work so nicely together. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for joining us on the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog.

Sandy said...

Hi, just in case you didn't notice, I chose your card from last weeks MIM for my Pick of the Week and have featured it on my blog. If you read some of the comments you can see people thought it was a fab card, sorry some thought it was mine, but I have clearly put your name and blog in the post. Just shows some people just look at the pics and not what's written.
Anyway, I loved it,
Hugs,
Sandy